The Gospel is the "Good News" concerning Christ and the way of Salvation. Jesus, who was fully God and fully man, was born. He then died a sinner's death and rose three days later. He did this to pay the penalty of our sins. We no longer have judgement but eternal life and salvation through Jesus. Sharing the Gospel is sharing the story of Jesus.
- There is only one, eternal, holy, just, personal God who desires a relationship with us (Acts17:24-31; 14:15-17).
- Jesus is God (John 1:1; Titus 2:13-14).
- Jesus Christ lived, died on the cross for our sins, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven(1 Cor. 15:1-5).
- Jesus' death on the cross paid the penalty for our separating sin against God (Rom. 5:8).
- Jesus is the only way to a relationship with God (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Tim. 2:5-6).
- Jesus will come back in glory to judge the living and the dead (2 Tim. 4:1; 1 Pet. 4:5).
Individuals and People
- People cannot pay the eternal debt of their sin by their efforts of righteous acts (Eph. 2:8-9).
- People must trust Jesus solely as Savior, the forgiver of their sins (Col. 1:20-22); the supreme and sole leader of their lives, as they choose to turn from self-leadership to yield to His direction as Lord (John 3:36; Matt. 7:20-21).
When you go home, dig into the scriptures, and began to understand on a deeper level what Jesus did for you.
What is your testimony?
- Testimony is your personal witness to what Jesus has done in your life. It can look like this. "I once was ____ , but then I met Jesus, and now am ____ " There are varying formats for sharing your testimony - think like an elevator pitch, or a longer conversation over coffee with a friend. The point isn't to dwell on the past; we can share the pain and the hurt, but it isn't to brag on how bad we were. The point is how broken or lost we were, and how Jesus radically saved us and turned our lives around. And now we walk in the healing, forgiveness, restoration, peace, etc. that comes with it. Your conversion testimony should outline how Jesus changed your life through the gospel, not church, family, etc., but how you were "born again" through being confronted by your sin resulting in genuine repentance and surrender to Christ.
If you feel comfortable enough to share your story, we want to hear it. Use the form below and share your testimony with us.
1) What fears come up when you think about God wanting to use you to reach others?
2) In what way(s) does the Holy Spirit empower us to share our faith?
3) What do you think about the idea that God can use unlikely people?
4) Have there been times when you have viewed people as projects? Have you seen evangelism practiced like this?
5) When it comes to the idea of God using us to reach others, what kind of unnecessary pressure do we put on ourselves?
6) Think back to the person that God used in your life to invite you into a relationship with Him. What made their witness so compelling and attractive to you?
7) What would it look like for you to change your posture by asking questions like, “ How can I serve? How can I love? How can I connect? ”
Pray in that the Holy Spirit give you:
- Love (Romans 5:5)
- Boldness (Acts 4:29)
- Fearlessness (Romans 8:15-17)
- Power (Ephesians 3:14-21)
- Wisdom and Opportunity (Colossians 4:2-6)